Last Modified: May 20, 2020
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the site again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Spektra Systems) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons for our Websites to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites and Subscription Service. For example, Spektra Systems keeps track of the Websites and pages you visit within Spektra Systems, in order to determine what portion of the Website or Subscription Service is the most popular or most used. This data is used to deliver customized content and promotions within the Spektra Systems Website and Subscription Service to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
What types of cookies do we use and how do we use them?
The specific types of first party cookies served through our Websites and the purposes they perform. For a list of the cookies used by Spektra Systems, [see website]. These cookies include:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Websites.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Websites are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Websites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Websites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by clicking on the appropriate opt-out links provided below.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. You may opt out by clicking here: http://preferences.truste.com/ (or if located in the European Union, by clicking here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described above.
Click here to remove Spektra Systems’ tracking cookies from your browser.
Do you use Flash cookies or Local Shared Objects?
The Adobe Flash Player (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your Web browser. This technology creates locally stored objects that are often referred to as “Flash cookies.” Spektra Systems does not use Flash cookies. However, our customers of our software platform may create pages on the Spektra Systems platform that employ Adobe Flash cookies. Spektra Systems does not have access or control over our customers’ Flash cookies, but you may access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s web site directly here.
Where can I get further information?