Technical Lead: Azure IaaS & Client Solutions(EMS)
Time: EMEA & US Shift Positions
Experience Level: 3+ Years
~ 30%: SI Efforts(System Integrator – Projects and Implementation)
Spektra Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer who possesses a passion for people and for emerging technologies. You likely have a home lab where you play with new tech. You love driving technology solutions such as virtualization, enterprise hardware/software, networking, and cloud computing. You will be a process and technology owner within the IT Operations team. You are a confident, skilled client consultant, adept at listening to client challenges and recommending solutions as well as an effective partner working with the internal team. You’ll participate in designing, implementing, and maintaining client infrastructures, as well as deploying sustainable solutions for a wide variety of IT challenges.
- Utilize excellent customer service and effective communication skills to exceed expectations.
- Provide client contact remotely in writing or via phone.
- Demonstrate ownership, research, strategize and recommend tech solutions to client issues.
- Effectively partner with IT Operations team and Chief Technology Officer on client projects.
- Perform, track and report client billable work daily.
- Maintain and submit daily timesheets to track all client-billable and non-billable time.
- Open ticket threads and thoroughly record, document, communicate and track client projects using integrated client-facing ticketing and internal t ask management systems.
- Provide support and mentoring to internal team for escalations on unresolved client issues.
- Escalate unresolved client queries to the next level of support properly and in a timely manner.
- Translate clients’ business and technical requests into clearly defined technical tasks, to be assigned to and executed by internal team using task management system.
- Walk clients through the problem solving process in plain language terms, on their tech level.
- Follow up with clients, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution, record and document all client inquiries using external ticket thread system.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of all client projects using online tools.
- Update and maintain client data and internal documentation of processes and requirements.
- Recommended procedure modifications, best practices or improvements.
- Lead a team of junior engineers
• At least 3 years of experience in IT administration/engineering, IT consulting, or comparable field. Preferably 5+ years. Deep knowledge, direct experience, and/or ownership of:
- Azure IaaS: Setting up Azure Network, Storage and Compute Infrastructure, VPNs and related infrastructure solutions
- EMS: Setting up and managing Intune based MDM Solutions for clients.
- Azure AD: Setup Azure AD Connect, Manage Synchronized Active Directory environments
- Office365: Setup and Manage O365, Teams, SharePoint.
- Remote Desktop Services and/or Windows Virtual Desktop with Remote App
- Windows Server: 2012 R2, Virtualization, DNS, AD, DHCP, File Server, PowerShell command-line.
- Windows Client: Windows 10, Group Policy, Deployment, Bitlocker.
- Networking: Internet connectivity, Wi-Fi, IPv4, VLANs, NAT, Firewalls, DHCP, DNS.
- Windows Server: 2012+ Infrastructure design/deployment/management. Failover Clustering, Hyper-V Clusters, Storage Spaces (SOFS preferred), RRAS, NPS, RDS, PowerShell Scripting, and Group Policy (Folder Redirection, Security Settings, Administrative Templates).
- Miscellaneous: Software Licensing, Regulatory compliance, application and system monitoring.
- Willingness to learn AWS and other new technologies as and when needed.
- Experience with ticketing and time tracking procedures.
Send out profiles at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line “Resume for Tech Lead – Azure & Client Solutions”