Senior Cloud Engineer – Microsoft Solutions
- Location: Anywhere in India/Remote
- Time: EMEA & US Shift Positions
- Experience Level: 8+ Years
- Work Profile: 50%: MSP Efforts(Managed Service Provider)
50%: SI Efforts(System Integrator)
Spektra Systems is seeking a Sr. Cloud Engineer who possesses a passion for people and for emerging technologies. You likely have a home lab where you play with new tech. You love driving technology solutions such as Microsoft Azure, EM+S, modern applications Hyper-V, Microsoft Infrastructure technologies(Active Directory, Exchange, RDS, SQL etc), networking, and data center. You will be a process and technology owner within the IT Operations team. You are a confident, skilled client consultant, adept at listening to client challenges, and recommending solutions as well as an effective partnership working with the internal team. You’ll participate in designing, implementing, and maintaining client infrastructures, as well as migrating applications and infrastructure to Microsoft Azure.
Responsibilities (Varying, From level to level):
- Develop solutions focussing on Microsoft cloud and DataCenter technologies tailored to solve clients’ technical and business requirements.
- Perform Infrastructure and applications migration to cloud(Microsoft Azure)
- Implement highly-available Azure/virtualization/server/networking/storage architectures.
- Implement and support highly available RDS/WVD Solution
- Implement, manage and support Microsoft Identity Solution(AD, AzureAD, EM+S)
- Support backup and disaster recovery infrastructures with the ability to meet client recovery time objectives.
- Create, provide and maintain project documentation as required internally or by clients.
- Analyse, identify, and remediate issues within client infrastructures.
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services by pursuing continuing education both inside and outside of work to maintain professional expertise.
- Lead a team of engineers and maintain the delivery cycle.
Desired Candidate Profile (Varying, From level to level):
It is desired to have design, implementation and support experience across:
Please note that it is not expected to have skills around of all of the technologies listed below, if you have expertise around one or more and have desire to expand this to various technologies, it should be a fit.
- Azure IaaS & PaaS
- Office365, EM+S(AAD, AIP, Intune)
- Azure AD and Hybrid Identity Solutions with SSO
- Microsoft Infrastructure and Server technologies: Windows Server OS, Active Directory, DNS/DHCP/FileServer etc
- Virtualization: Hyper-V, CSV, Storage Spaces, Virtual Networking, Migrations etc
- Windows Server: 2012 R2, Virtualization, DNS, AD, DHCP, File Server, PowerShell command-line.
- WVD/RDS- Remote Desktop Services: Virtual Desktops and RemoteApp
- System Center: SCVMM,
- Windows Client: Windows 10, Group Policy, Deployment, Bitlocker.
- Networking: Internet connectivity, Wi-Fi, IPv4, VLANs, NAT, Firewalls, DHCP, DNS.
- Linux Server OS: Linux (primarily CentOS, and Ubuntu). Pub/Priv keys, SSH, PuTTY, etc., Linux/Unix command line, LAMP stack.
- Miscellaneous: Software Licensing, Regulatory compliance, application and system monitoring.
- AWS Essentials
- Backup/Recovery/DR: WAN backups and replication expertise.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
- Ability to lead team of implementation and support engineers
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
- Excellent Comprehension and problem solving skills.
Send out profiles at email@example.com with Subject Line “Resume for Cloud Solution Architect”
Note: Please apply if you’re attracted to a dynamic startup environment with a small team, where you’re actively involved in driving business growth and learning new things. This is true hands-on role where you’ll be working every day on tickets and new projects. This will involve new technologies learning and improving existing solutions. Please do not apply if you are not doing technical hands-on on daily basis in your current role.
Also note that responsibilities and expected skills are subjective to level and years of experience.