Sr. Cloud Engineer – Microsoft 365 & EMS
- Location: Anywhere in India/Remote
- Time: EMEA & US Shift Positions
- Experience Level: 3+ Years
- Work Profile: 70%: MSP Efforts(Managed Service Provider – Daily Operations)
30%: SI Efforts(System Integrator – Projects and Implementation)
Spektra Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer who possesses a passion for people and for emerging technologies. You likely have a home lab where you play with new tech. You love driving technology solutions such as Windows 10, End user technologies, Microsoft 365, Enterprise Mobility and Security, Intune, AIP etc. You will be a process and technology owner within the IT Operations team. You are a confident, skilled client consultant, adept at listening to client challenges and recommending solutions as well as an effective partner working with the internal team. You’ll participate in designing, implementing, and maintaining client infrastructures, as well as deploying sustainable solutions for a wide variety of IT challenges.
- Utilize excellent customer service and effective communication skills to exceed expectations.
- Provide client contact remotely in writing or via phone.
- Demonstrate ownership, research, strategize and recommend tech solutions to client issues.
- Effectively partner with IT Operations team and Chief Technology Officer on client projects.
- Perform, track and report client billable work daily.
- Maintain and submit daily timesheets to track all client-billable and non-billable time.
- Open ticket threads and thoroughly record, document, communicate and track client projects using integrated client-facing ticketing and internal t ask management systems.
- Provide support and mentoring to internal team for escalations on unresolved client issues.
- Escalate unresolved client queries to the next level of support properly and in a timely manner.
- Translate clients’ business and technical requests into clearly defined technical tasks, to be assigned to and executed by internal team using task management system.
- Walk clients through the problem solving process in plain language terms, on their tech level.
- Follow up with clients, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution, record and document all client inquiries using external ticket thread system.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of all client projects using online tools.
- Update and maintain client data and internal documentation of processes and requirements.
- Recommended procedure modifications, best practices or improvements.
- Lead a team of junior engineers and be an esclation point for end-user support.
At least 3 years of experience in IT administration/engineering, IT consulting, or comparable field. Preferably 5+ years. Deep knowledge, direct experience, and/or ownership of:
- EMS: Setting up and managing Intune based MDM Solutions for clients.
- Azure AD: Setup Azure AD Connect, Manage Synchronized Active Directory environments
- Microsoft 365: Setup and Manage O365, Teams, SharePoint.
- Remote Desktop Services and/or Windows Virtual Desktop with Remote App
- Windows Client: Windows 10, Group Policy, Deployment, Bitlocker.
- Windows Server: 2012+ Infrastructure design/deployment/management. Failover Clustering, Hyper-V Clusters, Storage Spaces (SOFS preferred), RRAS, NPS, RDS, PowerShell Scripting, and Group Policy (Folder Redirection, Security Settings, Administrative Templates).
- Miscellaneous: Software Licensing, Regulatory compliance, application and system monitoring.
- Willingness to learn Azure Infrastructure, AWS and other new technologies as and when needed.
- Experience with ticketing and time tracking procedures.
Note: Please apply if you’re attracted to a dynamic startup environment with a small team, where you’re actively involved in driving business growth and learning new things. This is true hands-on role where you’ll be working every day on tickets and new projects. This will involve new technologies learning and improving existing solutions. Please do not apply if you are not doing technical hands-on on daily basis in your current role.
Also note that responsibilities and expected skills are subjective to level and years of experience.
Send out profiles at email@example.com with Subject Line “Sr. Cloud Engineer – Microsoft 365 & EMS”